Step 1: Download Code::Blocks for Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8.x / 10 :
- Download from : Sourceforge.net
Step 2: Install Code::Blocks
- Double click the installer.
- Hit next several times. Other setup tutorials will assume you have installed in C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks (the default install location), but you may install elsewhere if you like
- Do a Full Installation
- Launch Code::Blocks
Step 3: Running in Code::Blocks
- You will be prompted with a Compilers auto-detection window:
- When you get the compiler auto-detection window, just hit OK. Code::Blocks may ask if you want to associate it as the default viewer for C/C++ files–I’d suggest you do. Click on the File menu, and under “New”, select “Project…”
- The following window will come up:
- Click on “Console Application” and hit the “Go” button.
- Click next until you get to the Language Selection Dialog:
- You’ll be asked to choose whether you want to use C or C++. If you’re not sure, use C++. Otherwise, choose based on the language you are learning. (You can find tutorials here on both C and C++.)
- After clicking “Next”, Code::Blocks will then prompt you with where you’d like to save the console application:
- I’d recommend you put it in its own folder, as it may create several files (this is especially true if you create other types of projects). You will need to give your project a name, anything will be fine.
- Clicking “Next” again will prompt you to set up your compiler:
- You don’t need to do anything here. Just accept the defaults by hitting “Finish”.
- You can now open the main.cpp file on the left: